The Shamail Muhammadiya is a fascinating selection of hadith compiled by the ninth-century scholar Imam at-Tirmidhi that humanizes the Prophet for modern audiences, presenting him through the eyes of contemporaries who comment not only on his spiritual demeanor and qualities but also on his physical appearance and mannerisms—including his hairdressing, his sitting posture, his sandals and turban, his armor, his favorite condiments, and his jests and laughter.
Dr Ali Hussain will bring you into an opening onto the roots of the Islamic spiritual tradition, a process of transformation in the individual that was integrally linked to one’s adherence, both inwardly and outwardly, to the example of the Prophet Muhammad. The degree to which we imbibe ourselves with the Nabawi-centric model was the degree how we can perceive our own Islamic spirituality.
The lessons are designed to be a portrait of a prophet in all its intimacy and detail, and will be a timeless testimony to the aspirations of all those who wish to be close to the Prophet and emulate his character.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- To construct a comprehensive picture of the Messenger of Allah ﷺ in their mind’s eye.
- To have a deeper understanding of the personality that has captivated hearts for centuries.
- Commencement Date: 12/03/2021
- Frequency: Every Friday and Sunday (twice a week)
- Teacher: Dr Ali Hussain
- Medium of Instruction: English
- Text: Notes
- Online Platform: Zoom
- Duration: 10 lessons (1 hour per lesson)
- Time: Friday 6 pm EST (7am Singapore/Malaysia/ Perth) (1 am Cairo) (10am Sydney) Sunday 10 am EST (11pm Singapore/Malaysia/Perth) | (5pm Cairo) | 2 am Sydney/Next day
- This course is open to all students, aged 16 and above. No prior knowledge is required